Friday, March 29, 2013

orange and blue

It's casual Friday, y'all. Not sure where the Southern accent came from, but I have a lot to celebrate today. It's Good Friday, in the Christian sense, but it's also a great Friday, because I woke up to some fabulous news of the success of the Syracuse Orangemen. 'Cuse beat (or as the New York Times would say, "smothered" see..Syracuse Smothers No. 1 Seed Indiana..) number one ranked Indiana last night, in a game I couldn't watch because I go to bed at nine, in order to wake up at 5:00 a.m. for this new-ish job. I'm not a big sports fan, but Syracuse the only team I love and follow. My neighbors invited me to join their March Madness pool, but I claimed that I would basically choose Syracuse to win the whole thing, because my love for the team wouldn't allow me to do anything different, and it would end up being a waste of precious cash that needs to go toward my property taxes. Looks like it would have been a good gamble now. 


Given the new dress code at work (lovingly blogged about here), I anticipated copious quantities of hoodies at work today, and even considered sporting (pun intended) my favorite Orangemen shirt under a blazer. Instead, I opted to don my team's colors in a more appropriate fashion, pairing dark jeans with a basic white tee, topped with a navy Loft blazer and a nice orange pashmina scarf. Finishing the outfit off with my favorite Gap city flats (previously blogged about here.. funny, I wore that same scarf, too) provides comfort and team spirit in one easy step. Really, nothing goes together quite like blue and orange.

Save the hoodies for 5:00 p.m. friends (and the "it's 5:00 somewhere" rule doesn't apply here!). Go 'Cuse!