Monday, March 18, 2013

shoes i wear on a monday..

Good morning, readers! (Is it?) I'm not a morning person.. never have been. However, I never feel that being tired is an excuse to let your style slack. Working in a more casual workplace than I'm used to invites opportunity to fall prey to the temptation of tossing on whatever is comfortable, rather than dressing your best. This morning was no different. Thanks to a neutral cardigan that literally matches every other item in my closet, a tweed skirt and a bright blouse, getting dressed was a breeze. I don't know about you, but when I'm tired, I tend to work my wardrobe around my footwear. Is anyone surprised by that? The idea of throwing on the perfect shoes, and then dealing with sore feet all [Mon]day is not my cup of tea. Funny.. I'm drinking tea while I write this.

Upon entering my shoe closet, (didn't realize how crazy it sounds that I actually have a dedicated one for that) I thanked the good Lord above for a fabulous little pair of velvet ballet flats I purchased in Croatia, while my feet were actually bleeding from the other shoes I packed.

These little bad boys (girls) are the footwear equivalent of the sweatsuit. They wear like socks, barely have a sole, and are made of fuschia velvet, finished with a bow. They were as cheap as cheap can be overseas, and are worth every kuna (Croatian dough). While I recommend that everyone get their passport stamped in Croatia at some point, I don't expect anyone to head there for these shoes. You can, however, jeté on over to the City Slips website for wide selection of comfy flats, flexible enough to fold up into some fabulous little pouch, yet totally appropriate for the office. In lieu of velvet, opt for a patent pair, which always looks a bit dressier, and much more intentional. 

xo.